At Pope John Paul II Catholic School, we believe….
- Each student is recognized and valued as a unique child of God in his/her social, emotional, and academic needs.
- Catholic education is an integral part of the Church’s mission to proclaim the gospel message of Jesus, to build faith communities, to celebrate through worship and to serve others.
- The curriculum furnishes instruction in Catholic truths, moral values, social justice and peace, which reflects the integration of the Catholic faith with learning and life.
- Cultural diversity increases the student’s understanding of different religions, peoples and cultures.
- Mutual respect among and between students and staff creates a wholesome learning environment which promotes learning and success for all.
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of the curriculum is crucial to the development of a sound educational program.…how students learn is a priority in this school and it is recognized that students learn at different rates and in a variety of ways.
- A strong staff development program is essential in keeping teachers abreast of the latest research and best practices in education.
- Meeting student learning styles and special needs is primary in the development of programs, curriculum and instruction.
- Pastors, administrators, teachers, parents, parent advisory organizations, and all members of the six parishes share the responsibility for the mission of the school.
Pope John Paul II Catholic School is an interparochial learning community which empowers students to reach their highest spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical potential in a Christ-centered Catholic education environment which fosters service and stewardship of our God-given resources.